So today I had a pretty awesome little moment where I felt like God was talking to me. I woke up today with a pretty decent temp drop, and I am pretty sure that my period will be here tomorrow. So I just buried myself back in bed and cried. I just feel like giving up. I am so grateful to my puppy because without him I might have just stayed in bed all day and felt sorry for myself and missed His message.
I decided to see if there was anything worth watching on TV and there wasn't so I looked at my recorded list. I decided to watch 19 kids and counting. (sidenote: I think Josh and Anna should have their own show by the way :) I am watching it and Anna starts talking to these girls in prison about her m/c. She said that when she was m/c the last thing she wanted to do was to be thankful. But that their parents encouraged them to give thanks because the bible says in all things give thanks, and to thank God in the good times and to thank God in the bad times.
I sat and let that soak in for a minute and then I realized that God has been reaching out to me a lot today. My dear friend Kim has given me many many words of encouragement and hope. She reminds me of all the good to be thankful for. I realize now that God has been reaching out to me in many ways but I have been to full of sadness, and frustration and doubt to listen to Him. So now, I am going to be quiet and listen more.
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done" - Philippians 4:6
"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" - 1 Thessalonians 5:18
Love you Jamie!
ReplyDeleteLove you :) You are so strong and beautiful. Thanks for this post.
ReplyDelete